Dreamy Sailboat Nursery
I was so privileged to create the sweetest nursery for the sweetest family!
I promised to share before and afters to document the amazing transformation of this sweet nursery. The last picture is by far my favorite and is the reason I do what I do. Thank you to Laura and Ben for including me in your story that has the happiest of endings!
In our discovery call, Laura and Ben shared their vision, with the most basic requests: neutral, navy and oh yeah, we love sail boats.
From there, they let me make suggestions that I sent over with a shopping list that we collected over a few months. All came with online delivery to support bed rest and very busy parents-to-be!
Then I did a little shopping for the final details and styled it all while they were in the hospital having a baby! Since they'd only seen the big items in the room, it was a real reveal!
I found some meaningful items I knew would be special to them:
1) sepia toned sailboat prints with rustic frames brought a little warmth to the blues and creams.
2) antique, tiny, brass sailboat from Facebook Marketplace
3) vintage inspired football helmet to honor Ben's love of the gridiron!
4) a navy and camel suitcase to remind them of all the adventures to come for their family
5) lots of functional items because a pretty nursery means nothing to new parents if it doesn't function too!
- baskets for extra storage
- book shelves that store books safely, away from grabbing fingers
- remote controlled sconces that are the perfect night lights during midnight feedings
- linen-look shades on both windows that help let baby sleep
- cozy blankets and plush friends standing by for when Benny is ready